Training development is a broad term that cover numerous types of employee experiences. In general, they help employees effectively learn specific skills and knowledge that improve their performance in their present roles.Employee development is said to be more expansive and mainly focuses on employees’ growth and their future performance.
The Essentials of Successful Learning ExperienceBased on learning principles, the following are the components of a successful employee learning experience and must be taken into consideration when organizing a training program and associated learning content:
- The goals of the program or training must be clear.
- Employees must be involved in identifying relevant skills and knowledge.
- A problem-centered and practical approach based on real examples must be used.
- Employees must be given the chance to reinforce the things they have learned through practice.
- The training and learning opportunity must promote self-esteem.
3 Reasons Why Training Development is the Key to an Exceptional Employee ExperienceSome organizations do not invest in pieces of training and learning opportunities that are geared towards the improvement, growth and positive experience for their employees; which is a long-term mistake. The following highlight why training development is the key to an exceptional employee experience:
1. Addressing WeaknessesSince most employees have their weaknesses in the workplace, training programs and other opportunities to learn help in strengthening the skills of the employee. Development programs elevate employees’ level of competency, driving efficiency and effectiveness.
2. ConsistencyStructured training development programs ensure that employees have all of the relevant knowledge and a consistent experience. Consistency in training drives consistency in work product, leading to fewer errors or defects.
3. Employee SatisfactionEmployees with reliable access to training development programs have more opportunities to contribute, increasing the employee’s value. Employees recognize the investments that companies make in training programs and tend to reciprocate in work out-put. Inspired, motivated, and well-trained employees will pave the way for overall success.
Written by Courtney Meyers
After years of hard training, mastering the arts of of fighting organizational friction, Courtney has finally gathered the perfect team of Friction Ninjas from around the world. They have come to be known as Movanti. Think of her as the Miyagi to our Karate Kids.